- BCL/LLB Candidate, McGill University Faculty of Law
- Co-founder, #popscope
- Senior Fellow, Centre on Governance, University of Ottawa
- Series Editor, Globalization and Health Journal
- Senior Research Advisor at the Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering, Systems Institute, JHU-MIT Clinical Trials Systems Project
Viva Dadwal is a Senior Research Advisor at the Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering, Systems Institute, where she works on the JHU-MIT Clinical Trials Systems Project. She is a published academic, a Senior Fellow at the Centre on Governance at the University of Ottawa and a Deputy Editor of the open-access global health journal, Globalization and Health, where she leads the series ‘Reverse innovation in global health systems: learning from low-income countries’.
Previously, Viva was a Visiting Scholar at Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, where she investigated the transfer of health innovations from low to high-income countries. Viva also worked as a Trade Policy Officer for Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada to advance Canada’s trade and investment regime.
Viva is a Fulbright Scholar (2014-2015) and has held prestigious internships at the World Health Organization and Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations and to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
In her spare time, Viva promotes public astronomy in urban cities through a community-building project called #popscope and guest blogs for Huffington Post and World Bank’s blogs.
Viva holds a B.Sc. (Hons) in Biology from the University of Windsor and an M.A. in Public and International Affairs from the University of Ottawa. She is currently pursuing legal studies (B.C.L./LL.B.) at McGill University.
- Fulbright Alumni
- Centre on Governance, University of Ottawa
- World Health Organization Intern Alumni
- Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Ottawa
- University of Windsor Alumni
- Systems Design
- Health Innovation
- Science Outreach